About Our Practice
Meet Our Audiologist
Laurie Duffy, M.S.
Laurie on Linkedin
Laurie Duffy, M.S. has been a licensed audiologist for over 30 years. After working for many years for non-profit rehabilitation agencies and other audiology practices, she established her own practice in 1999.
In addition to seeing patients in her Warwick office, Ms. Duffy provides audiology and hearing aid services in over fifty nursing homes and assisted living facilities around the state. Home visits also are available for those patients who are unable to travel into the office.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Communication Disorders from University of New Hampshire.
- Master of Science Degree in Audiology from University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Member of the American Academy of Audiology
- Treasurer of RI Academy of Audiology
- Previous Audiology Chairperson, Rhode Island Speech and Hearing Association
- Member of the Advisory Committee for the Adaptive Telephone Equipment Loan (ATEL) Program.
Meet Our Office Manager
Sharon Gencarelli joined our practice in March, 2009 after working for almost 18 years at Westerly Hospital. She is the friendly face that greets you upon entering our office and handles appointment scheduling and insurance billing.
At HearCare Rhode Island, we are a provider for most health insurances, including; Medicare, Blue Cross, Blue Chip, United HealthCare, Neighborhood Health, Tufts, Optum, and Rhode Island Medicaid. Some insurance plans may cover part or possibly all of the cost of hearing aids. Our office also participates with Care Credit, which offers a no-interest line of credit to qualified individuals to help pay for hearing aids.